Pann: The limit of SNSD
The head of SM, Kim Youngmin's interview:
"SNSD will disappear someday, and another group will replace them. We used to view BoA and TVXQ as individual artists, but for this reason, we started to view them as SM artists. The SM brand now has its own profit value."
(edit; This is not a mistranslation. These are Kim Youngmin's literal words from his interview in 2010)
Basically, SNSD's maximum growth that SM had planned is already done.
SM's goal is to become the best entertainment company in Asia. SNSD has nothing to achieve in SM anymore.
What SM wants now is to make SNSD disappear in SM.
1. [+76, -2] TVXQ is already at their limit. They will never be the same as their Mirotic era. And BoA is more of a headquarter than an artist. Super Junior has a possibility to be like Shinhwa because they're strongly bounded. So even though they disband, they have tons of money and good networks so they'll survive. SNSD is also at their limit. SM is gonna promote Shinee a bit, promote EXO, and they'll debut a new group, just like they did with H.O.T and Shinhwa.
2. [+66, -14] The company is the anti. I really hate Kim Youngmin. Doesn't he know how much SNSD contributed to SM? SM only pushed Shinee and EXO last year... especially EXO (I'm not bashing EXO, I'm talking about how they only push male idols). Don't they see SNSD and f(x)? It took SNSD 14 months and they got the song leaked and lost the MV data which the girls worked hard for. SM, you guys really made a deadly mistake to SNSD. Why do you think even SM artists bash their own company, tsk tsk. Be nice to your artists.
3. [+47, -10] I really hate you SM, do you know how much you suck? Take care of SNSD and f(x).. I'll see if you only push the male idols again.
4. [+24, -0] The best entertainment company in Asia, my ass ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Do you think you can become the best when you're blinded for money? Yeah Korea is all about looks so it'll work in Korea but there's no way you'll be successful in Asia, not at all. Youngmin, know the reality.
5. [+23, -1] They promoted Shinee hard but didn't even do proper mediaplay for them.. SM doesn't really push their artists well.. But last year, they did excellent mediaplay for EXO, though.
6. [+23, -1] He's talking about his own artists disappearingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is he joking? Does he think he can make another group like SNSD? Why is he so confident? Is he confident that he can get both fandom and public recognition?
7. [+18, -5] Tbh, SNSD has to give up their top position to a hoobae someday but I wish SNSD would forever be the top... I don't know why but I just can't imagine the music industry with SNSD not being the top..